Baby clothes are among the most interesting things to buy as part of baby’s needs, and funny baby clothes add spice to any baby’s wardrobe. Although the baby is too young to appreciate what she is wearing, funny clothes definitely result in many a good laugh among the parents and other adults. Although you probably would not want to buy funny baby clothes for your child to wear on a daily basis, there will always be special occasions in which you can make good use of them: it could be during a Halloween party, or a themed birthday party. Or, it could be your own child’s birthday party wherein you get to put her in a dramatic outfit that will surely make her stand out among all the other kids.
If you are looking for funny baby clothes, you can likely find some under the following types or categories:
- Animal-themed baby clothes – Animal-themed clothes are always a favorite costume choice for little children. But do you know they can also make funny baby clothes even without necessarily being actual costumes? For example, the Leveret Bumblebee 2-Piece Pajamas makes use of bumblebee stripes to make the pajamas look more attractive than usual. The good thing about animal-themed baby clothes is that you can actually use them even if it is not Halloween and people will still find your baby adorably cute!
- Adult professional costumes – Another way to make baby clothes fun is to add some items that represent an adult profession. This works especially well if you can find an outfit that emulates you or your spouse’s work. For example, if one of you is a doctor, the Baby Aspen “Big Dreamzzz” Baby M.D. Two-Piece Layette Set is a great addition to the wardrobe. Interestingly, this kind of outfit can also play well even if none of the parents are doctors, but can serve as a visual reminder of the kind of destiny the child can have.
- Baby clothes with statements on them – Funny baby clothes do not have to be limited to things that are actually funny at the outset; sometimes you can also be creative and find baby clothes that say funny things. There are many baby clothes that make funny quips about moms and dads, such as the Infant Baby Pink Camo “Thank My Dad” One Piece Bodysuit. Of course, the problem with funny lines on baby clothes is that people tend to have differing levels of a sense of humor, so what may be funny to you may not come off as funny to other people. Still, if you and your spouse can find a private joke in any baby outfit, that should suffice, as at least there is one other person to enjoy the joke with you!
- Cartoon character baby clothes – Another way to make a funny statement through your baby’s outfit is to find cartoon character-themed clothes. Of course, this can be much more difficult to pass off as a regular outfit, but characters like Dora the Explorer or Winnie the Pooh are favorite characters to feature in baby clothes. The bright colors associated with Winnie the Pooh at least assures you that you will not be the only one attracted by the outfit, as even your baby, no matter how young she is, will love the bright red color of Pooh’s shirt.
- Mini-me clothes – There is one more unique way to make funny baby clothes: clothing your little one in a mini-me versi0n of your own outfit! Many moms pull this off especially during formal occasions like weddings, as they can have baby’s dress especially made to be like a mini version of their own dresses. But if you are not getting anything made to order, you can likely find clothes like this in mom-and-me boutiques, wherein little girl dresses are sold alongside the adult versions for a nice paired ensemble!
These ideas should give you a starting point in adding one or two funny baby clothes into your baby girl’s wardrobe. This way, whenever you are attending a boring function or an event where you want your baby to draw some laughter, you know exactly what to pull out!